Due to COVID-19 and throughout the various stages of the relaunch, our office hours will vary. Please check with our receptionists for updated hours by calling us at 780-466-9889. Visiting our office will not be the same as it was prior to COVID-19.
On May 14, 2020, as part of Phase 1 of the Government of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy, dental offices are permitted to resume general dental services. We have missed our patients and staff tremendously, so this announcement comes as welcome news for all of us!
While many things have changed around us over the past few weeks, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and we want to ensure the safety of our patients, our team, and our community as we begin to reopen our doors.
As we move into the “new normal” of dental care, we want to tell you about the procedures we are following to keep us all safe based on guidelines provided by the Alberta Dental Association and College, and the Government of Alberta:
- Our office will communicate with you the day prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions. These questions will be asked of you again when you are in the office.
- We are asking patients who have been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19, who have travelled in the past 14 days; who work in an area considered high risk or those with any symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, head ache, muscle weakness, or loss of smell/taste – to please remain home and contact us so we can make alternate arrangements. Please note that our team will also be following the same protocols.
- Upon arrival, a team member will record your temperature with a contactless thermometer and ask you to clean your hands with hand sanitizer. We encourage you to wear your own mask as well.
- When you enter the clinic, you will notice plexiglass barriers placed on our front desk and all hard-to-clean items such as toys and magazines removed from our waiting area.
- In an effort to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, appointment times will be staggered to limit the number of people in our office at one time. Patients will be asked to wait in their vehicles until they receive a call to come inside, and only patients with appointments will be permitted to enter the clinic (exception will be made for a single caregiver of minors under the age of 18 or those requiring medical assistance.)
- Designated early morning appointment times will be available for high-risk patients, including those over 65 years and those with pre-existing medical conditions.
- All high touch surfaces in our reception area will be disinfected after each patient.
- In our treatment areas, our vigilant infection control practices will continue.
- Hydrogen peroxide rinses will be provided to patients prior to the start of treatment.
- Payments by contactless methods such as credit card and debit tap are preferred.